User Technical Requirements Document Download Click on the link to view and download the complete End User Technical Requirements
Computer Operating Systems: Windows
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Home Edition and Professional)
- Windows Vista Windows 7
- Windows Vista Windows 8
- Windows Vista Windows 8.1
Computer Operating Systems: Mac
- Apple Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Apple Mac OS X Mavericks
- Apple Mac OS X Yosemite
Computer Processor Speeds
- There is no specific RAM or CPU speed requirement for client machines. However, as with any Internet application, the slower the computer, the longer it will take for pages and tools to load.
- High Speed Internet (Cable, DSL, etc.)
Supported Web Browsers
Microsoft Windows operating system:
|Internet Explorer||Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
|Microsoft Windows 7||11||30+||30+|
|Microsoft Windows 8||10||30+||30+|
|Microsoft Windows 8.1||11||30+||30+|
|Microsoft Windows 10||11||32+||37+|
Mac OS operating system:
|Mozilla Firefox||Google Chrome||Safari|
|Apple OS X Mountain Lion||30+||30+||6.1|
|Apple OS X Mavericks||30+||30+||7|
|Apple OS X Yosemite||30+||30+||8|
Flash and Java Plugins
- Adobe Flash Player may be required to view embedded videos and document previews. Be sure to keep your version of Flash up to date.
Adobe Reader or Apple Preview
- Many courses use PDF files to deliver content, which require Adobe Reader or Apple Preview (Mac only) to view. On occasion, a course may use audio or video that requires a certain type of media player, such as QuickTime, Windows Media Player, or Real Player. Some videos or content may also require the Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
List Additional Software Requirements
- Anti-Virus Software--- AVG is a free option.
- Inexpensive Options- Webroot.
- There are free versions of Microsoft Office that students can use to submit work.
- Some examples are Kingssoft, Libre Office, Open Office.
- Note: MAC users cannot use pages but can use LibreOffice by purchasing the free version in the App store.
- Go to the url: http://mco.citycollege.edu
- Click on the Login (top, right corner) or Sign in Button (bottom, right corner)
- Use your login credentials (from your email) to log into your online platform
- If you are using Internet Explorer, Go to your MyCity Page → click on the profile button underneath your name → click on the arrow button next to the gear icon → click on the option close the session
- If you are using Firefox or Google, Click on the tab at the bottom of the page with your name on it → click on the option to close the session.
- Go to: http://mco.citycollege.eduand when the login screen comes up click the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the instructions.
- Contact online support specialist to reset your username.
There are two types of aid available to you online: Academic and Technical
- If the question is regarding an assignment, readings or any question about the course content you should contact your instructor. If you do not get a response from the instructor within 48 hours you can escalate your question to the online support specialist
- If the question is regarding an issue with a technical aspect of the course or a general question about the online platform you can contact the online support specialist or the campus librarian.
- The concept of 24 hours access allows students to have more flexibility on when coursework is submitted. Not having 24 hour access limits the flexibility of online learning.
- It is recommended that students in this situation arrange computer usage at their home campus before or after their on-ground classes, at the local library, or use a friend or relative’s computer. Students are encouraged to be strategic in their time management to avoid being subjected to the late policy.
- Ensure that the document is in the proper format and size.
- Wait patiently for the upload to complete, which is indicated by the blue line across the screen.
- When the document is properly uploaded, an image representing the document will appear.
- If the problem continues, please contact technical support via the help desk.